Friday, 1 January 2016

Five for Friday ~ Happy New Year!



Welcome to 2016!  I am excited to link up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching and share my Five for Friday.


We spent most of this week in New York City so I am going to post my 5 Faves from our trip!

We arrived to a very warm afternoon/evening that quickly turned into a wet evening.  The first thing I wanted to see was the tree at Rockefeller Center.  I love Christmas and a 70 ft high tree was something that had to be seen.  It was as beautiful as I was hoping but I did not picture trying to enjoy it in the pouring rain being elbowed and jostled by people from every angle.  I have been to NYC before but the sheer number of people there at Christmas is unreal.






Our next stop was to see the lights of 5th and 6th Avenue.  A teacher I follow on Instagram had posted a video of Saks and I had to see it for myself.  All I can say is WOW!  If  you have not seen it then you must.  I can't upload my video as it is too big, but I am sure if you google it you can find it. I am sad that most of my pics have spots on them due to the droplets on my lens!


Today was a day of sightseeing.  I have been to NYC before but never really learned much about the city, so we did the hop on/hop off bus and it did not disappoint.  We saw a lot of Midtown and then into Harlem and Spanish Harlem.  Our final stop was a boat cruise out around the Statue of Liberty and a view of the Brooklyn and Manhattan Skylines.  Isn't that a beautiful site?



Today was yet another rainy day!  It seems that I might not get to experience NYC without the rain! We started our day in this rainy place


In order to experience this!



My hair looks A LOT worse for wear but you can only do so much when you are being rained on and don't have access to a bathroom to try to fix yourself up.  The show was unbelievable.  I have been to two other Broadway shows (Grease and Rock of Ages) but this was by far the best.
Our final day and finally, no rain, so we can experience a dry but brief walk around Central Park. Our hotel was just 2 blocks from the park but we continually headed downtown instead.  It was a nice way to end our trip before hopping in a cab for the chaotic ride back to Penn Station and to our train home.


We had such an amazing time!

Now it is time to think about going back to the classroom.  I am going to take  it slow and stay with familiar content when we start on Monday morning.  We are going to spend a lot of time talking and I know they will want to share their gifts so they ill be writing a thank you letter to someone for one of the special gifts they received.



Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed New Year!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Christina, My grown-up daughters and I went to NYC last year just before Christmas and had a blast. I think I have some of the same photos of Rockefeller Center and Fifth Ave :) We didn't have to deal with the rain, but the COLD. What a different year this is! Nice post. See you around. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved NYC! It is a magical place at Christmas but so much more so with a bit of snow rather than rain. Thank you for stopping by. Christina

      Delete