Sunday, 27 September 2015

BOLO...Be On the Look Out for my newest product!




I am linking up with Ashley from Just Reed, Brooke from Teaching Outside the Box and Stephanie from Principal Principles for their BOLO link up ~ Be On the Look Out!  We are all sharing a product that we are currently working on.

My newest product is something that I will be using with my first graders as soon as it is done.  We are working hard on our vowel sounds and this will be a great review.  I loved this fish clip art from Whimsy Workshop and knew I had to have it and I knew exactly how I was going to use it.

The idea is that the students can create a "pond" of the fish cards and take turns putting them in the water with the matching vowel sound.




The students can "catch" the word on the hook or it can be swimming around in the water on the matching sound mat. I am thinking you can use the cards as is or if you are feeling really motivated (or have great helpers) you could cut each of the fish out.  I think my students will really love this - especially those who tell me about fishing on the weekends with their families.



This set will include 10 words for each of the short vowels and 10 for the long vowels.  I will be using just the short vowels now and using 2 mats at a time.  Later on I see my class using all the short vowel mats and sorting all of the short vowel words with a small group.  We can then progress to differentiating between long and short vowel words.  I love that I can keep bringing this center back to use at different times of the year.

I would love to hear about other things kids could "go fishing" for besides short and long vowels.  I have a few more ideas in the back of my mind but I would love to see what you come up with.

Thanks for stopping by and be on the look out for this in my store soon!


6 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks for linking up.
    Stephanie from Principal Principles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie. I hope this becomes a recurring linky. I love the idea.
      Christina

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute idea!! Looking forward to seeing the final product!

    Laura
    www.discoveringhiddenpotential.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura. I am certain my students will have a lot of fun with this! Thanks for stopping by. Christina

      Delete
  3. Oh my! Pure cuteness! Thanks for linking up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! First graders love the cute factor! Thanks for a great link up!
      Christina

      Delete