Monday, 17 August 2015

Are you ready for Back to School?

It's coming!

Now that August is rushing by I start to think about heading back to school. We head back after Labour Day so I put off the thoughts until late in August but they start creeping in at the beginning of August if I am being honest.  I start to think about making new labels for everything and about how I am going to liven up my classroom with some new decor.  I start thinking about all the FUN stuff.  I never start to think about curriculum...funny how that goes :)

This summer I have been working on some new decor products for my room because, let's face it, I needed a bit of a makeover for my mishmash of a classroom.  I love all things bright colored but purple, lime green and blue would be my faves.  This year I am going to expand my color choices and use more of a rainbow and chevron look.  The other benefit of designing things yourself is that you can create it just how you like it.  My biggest pet peeve was that there was no sense of continuity with my student resources.  I have fixed that...let me explain.

I used name tags from a teacher supply store with pics for each letter of the alphabet to help kids who needed that reference.  My Alphabet Posters had another picture on them and then my Word Wall Headers had no picture whatsoever.  It was a disaster when I tried to use the pictures to help my students with finding letters.  No MORE!



I {LOVE} how these look.  I love how everything matches and how I will be able to say to my students - it is F like fish and everywhere they look they will see a fish picture with the letter F.  I fully expect that this will make my life sooo much easier.  If you are interested in any of these decor items just click the picture above and it will take you to my decor category and you can choose the design that works best for you.

And just for stopping by I have a special freebie for you.  I created a banner to use above my word wall that matches my Rainbow Word Wall Header cards pictured above.  You can download it by clicking {HERE}

This Wednesday, August 19th Teachers Pay Teachers is holding a 1 day Boost sale.  I intend to do my Back to School shopping then as I was not ready to think about it at the beginning of August. Don't forget to put in the code MORE15 for more savings.


I have also joined a group of fabulous Canadian sellers to bring you a Back To School E-book. This book is filled with tips for back to school, freebies and great products for you to check out.  There are 40 different freebies for Kindergarten right up to Secondary school.  Be sure to click on the picture below to head to TPT and download your own copy.


I am in no hurry to get back to school but ... I must soon admit defeat and start getting myself ready. Hopefully you have found some things to check out here before you head back to school.  If you are already hard at work then I wish you luck.  I am going to enjoy my last few weeks of break.  

Thanks for stopping by!  



No comments:

Post a Comment