Saturday, 6 December 2014

Currently!

Currently!
 
I am linking up with Oh' Boy 4th Grade this week.  I can never seem to remember these happen at the beginning of each month.  I am thinking 'better late than never'! 
 

Listening to My husband is a TV addict!  He PVRs so many shows.  I think he rarely watches live TV.  My daughter likes TV too but she is still sleeping on this dreary Saturday morning. 

Loving We are heading out when the kids are up to go and cut our tree.  I MUST have a real tree for Christmas.  A few years ago I put an artificial one up in the front room of our house and my husband had the audacity to suggest that we didn’t need a real one.  Did I have news for him!  Unfortunately, the weather is not very Christmasy but I will make do with Christmas music on the way there and back.  I just love this time of the year. 

Thinking We are heading to my Mom’s after getting our tree and my daughter and I are going to do some baking with her.  Leah loves to bake and so does my Mom so I am sure it will be a lot of fun. 

WantingMy class to hold it together!  I introduced my Elf on Monday and we had a pretty settled day.  From there it has gone downhill.  I have a couple of little boys who are making it their mission to {GASP} touch the elf.  It caused quite the uproar.  So I have planned a little something for Monday.  Our elf is going to leave a note saying that he is staying with his friend in the Kindergarten room at our school and will come back when these boys write him a letter of apology.  He will tell them he doesn’t feel safe and doesn’t want to lose his magic.  What do you think?  Is this a little too much?   We are just all really squirrely right now and I haven’t really started the fun stuff yet! 

 
 
 

Needing More time!  This coming week I have commitments 4 nights out of 5 and then I am hosting our friends on Saturday night.  Thank goodness for my cleaning lady, although I do have to “clean” a bit before she comes.  You know what I mean, right {wink..wink}.

Giving I am so fortunate to say I am featured in the Holiday Ebook for grade 1/2.  In it you will find my tip and my freebie.  This is a direct link to my freebie but DO go and download the book {HERE} for 49 other amazing tips and freebies. 

http://bit.ly/1FpvzFs

4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! I have a few boys who are behaving the same way with our elf. In fact, on Tuesday, our elf went next door because it was too noisy for her and wouldn't come back until the kids were quieter. I think I have more fun with the elf antics than the kids...
    Congrats on being featured in the ebook! Wow!
    On the Go Teacher Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. I too have been enjoying finding new things to have our elf do. I am glad it is all drawing to an end tomorrow because I am D.O.N.E. and so our my kids. Time for the holidays!

      thanks for the congrats on the Ebook. I am pretty pleased with that but I can't say it has really upped my exposure. I guess only time will tell.
      Happy Holidays

      Delete
  2. I think you are right on target with the elf going on a visit elsewhere. Every year I think about doing the elf in my classroom and then I look at the group I have and change my mind! Here is to getting through the next ten days in one piece and with some learning accomplished! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog. My elf not returning for a day was definitely an eye opener for one of the little boys but the other was absent - BOO! No more elf touching after that. This class didn't respond as well as my previous class but I did have fun with it. You should give it a try. I did make it through almost unscathed and I hope you did too.

      Happy Holidays!

      Delete